7 WAYS UC IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY
Just as unified communications applications are gaining increased presence in the workplace, so too are the benefits surfacing in more areas throughout the organisation. The results from research conducted by Chadwick Martin Bailey plainly demonstrates that unified communications users experience a multitude of benefits – both in terms of employee time savings as well as direct financial savings. Not only do unified communications applications bring productivity improvements for mobile employees, they can also favorably change ways in which all employees communicate as well as reduce the necessity of travel.
- 49% of user organizations saved up to 20 minutes per employee daily by reaching workers on the first try.
- 50% of user organizations saved up to 20 minutes per employee daily by escalating IM chats into Web conferences.
- 54% of user organizations saved up to 20 minutes per employee daily by escalating IM chats into phone calls
- Over 75% of user organizations experienced improved productivity of employees across geographically-dispersed locations due to voice and video conferencing.
- 64% of user organizations experienced reduced travel costs of over 10 percent.
- 46% of user organizations realized travel savings of more than five days per employee annually.
- 68% of user organizations reported productivity improvements between geographically-dispersed functional groups.
- 50% of user organizations saved up to 20 minutes per employee daily from more efficient message management.
- 33% of user organizations saved 11 to 20 minutes per employee daily from corporate directory access, click-to-dial, presence, and visual voice mail on mobile device.
- 66% of user organizations reported increased mobile worker productivity and faster problem resolution.
- 44% of user organizations indicated 11 to 30 minutes saved per employee daily with single business phone number voicemail regardless of device.
- 36% of user organizations saved 11 to 25 percent monthly from mobile phone and long distance avoidance.
- 41% of user organisations reported contact center upgrades lead to a six to 10 percent increase in first call resolution.
- 33% of user organisations reported contact center upgrades decreased average call response times by 11 to 25 percent.
- 19% of user organizations reported a 26 to 50 percent reduction in monthly telecom charges as a result of upgrading to next generation technology in their contact centers.