There is now a variety of different tools and software programs that are available to create unified communications. Some examples are the following:
- Instant Messaging
- Real time presence information
- Video Conferencing and Collaboration
- Speech recognition
- Unified messaging
- Voice mail
- Email Integration
- Desktop Fax Integration
- Remote Workers
- 3rd Party Software Integration
BIG PRODUCTIVITY INCREASES UC BENEFITS
It’s a lot more than a phone on a desk
At Phones Now Pty Ltd (formerly Phone Systems Brisbane) we are always looking for the business result that telco can provide. The buzz word is unified communications (or UC). Here are 5 important ways that UC can improve your business outcomes.
1. 21% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IMPROVEMENT
Almost half of businesses surveyed by Vanson Bourne (tech’ Market Research Specialists) had a UC strategy in place. Those companies noted 10% productivity gains, and a 21% improvement in customer satisfaction, from UC.
2. BUSINESS GROWTH
Six in ten businesses on the new Vanson Bourne survey said UC was a key element in supporting the growth of their company, helping with internal collaboration, greater business efficiency, reduced travel costs and a more flexible workforce.
3. 37% HIGHER NET PROFIT
Remote worker voice Solutions extend the boundaries of the office walls. This means that you can enjoy the benefits of higher productivity and net profit.
As early as 2007, the Sensis Business Index Report was stating that SME’s who teleworked had managed to record consistently higher performance in sales and profitability than non – teleworking counterparts. (37%
higher net Profit).
4. 20 – 43% PRODUCTIVITY IMPROVEMENT
Teleworking has provided companies the world over with big saving on real estate and accommodation costs. In fact, as early as 2007, the Sensis Business Index Report stated that “Teleworkers have proven to be between 20% and 43% more productive”. With our major cities becoming even more congested over the past decade. Teleworking may offer attractive benefits to some companies.
5. NO COST NET WAGE INCREASE
Additionally, Teleworking has provided a ‘no-cost’ net wage increase for employees. They save thousands on reduced travel costs and benefit from reduced travel time. All leading to a better health and quality of life. Employees can save an average of $3, 000 per year on petrol, parking and vehicle upkeep and an average of 2 weeks commute time working from home just 2 days per week.
SUMMARY OF UC BENEFITS
Unified Communications provides real-time access to services such as phone communications, messaging, data sharing, and conferencing from a variety of devices and allows every executive, staff member, and customer to move seamlessly between them.
• Gives you and unfair advantage with maximum productivity no matter where your workers are.
• Superior reliability. Performance redundancies protect against downtime. If one tool goes down, another is programmed to kick in.
• Work anywhere. Connect with partners and customers from the road, from home, or anywhere business takes you.
• Eliminates the cost of poor service.
• Softphone on your PC.
• A global economy demands 24/7 access and functionality.
• Calendar integration.
• Security. What keeps you up at night? The various tools used by staff to send confidential files should not be one of them.